Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > Traders Forum > general trading talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Chip
RAMPANT trading policy violations!

Folks,

Matt and I REALLY don't want to be the "trading police"... but there are, at this moment, at least a handful of bulk (i.e., more than one or two) B&Ps.

It seems obvious that people are NOT reading Nickel Creek's trading policy, which states, plain as day, '

"Please, no bulk B&P"

The intent of NC's trading policy, which may be a little different from other trading policies, is to support trading between individual fans, preferably face-to-face, NOT to disseminate large quantities of their recordings all over.

So.... since Nickel Creek's management is kind enough to help support this site by paying some of the cost of maintaining it, maybe people could be so kind as to FOLLOW THE TAPING POLICY so that we don't lose the ability to share shows?

Get it?

Cool.

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:45 PM
The Supreme Administrator [Ninja] in Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to matt the fiddler
Also guys, remember that we all listen to nickel creek because they are unique. SO it is important to remember that their tading policy is as unique as the band... so they want to allow it, but they are not looking for mass quantities of thier shows to be floating around.. The policy was designed to have one to one trading, not 1 to 5 or 1 to 50. The fact that anything beyond face to face [ie mail] is allowed is sheer grace on their part, becuase they idealy prefer face to face. So, enjoy it as much as you can, But please try to respect the policy as much as posible.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Micheleb15 Send a message via Yahoo to Micheleb15
question

I'm a little confused about this. When you say bulk b&p's, do you mean when someone makes more shows than cd-r's they recieve? Or just when someone makes more than 1 or 2 b&p's for one person. Or even if someone does b&p's for alot of ppl, even if they're only doing 1 show per person? Also, is there a limit to the ammount of shows you should be trading per time? I totally respect the trading policy, and am SO thankful they allow us to trade at all (as it has been my only way of listening to them sorta kinda live), and just want to know for future refference, to make sure i don't take advatage of us being allowed to trade.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Hi,

Please explain this "No bulk B&P's" of the rules as this is a rather strange rule. If one kind soul is willing to send out 15 shows to another person thru B&P as apposed to 15 folks sending out 1 show what is the difference?

I respect the policies and wishes of the band (and many others) but have never seen this rule before and just desire some clarification.

Thanks...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:22 PM

ok, this is not sticking to what has been talked about previously, but i wanted to ask and i thought that this would be a good place.

the question is why there are no nickel creek shows posted on the archive, when there are shows from watkins family hour and shows from mutual admiration society on the archive. i understand that they are different "bands" but i just wanted to know why.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:44 PM
The Supreme Administrator [Ninja] in Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to matt the fiddler
make sure you are viewign all posts, not just from the last month.. [option at the bottom of the page] since creek has not been touring in a while, that is going to look empty unless fixed...
Old 09-14-2005, 10:24 AM

I think Matt misunderstood the question.

Quote:
Originally posted by heybo!
ok, this is not sticking to what has been talked about previously, but i wanted to ask and i thought that this would be a good place.

the question is why there are no nickel creek shows posted on the archive, when there are shows from watkins family hour and shows from mutual admiration society on the archive. i understand that they are different "bands" but i just wanted to know why.
The answer is that WFH and MAS gave permission to have their shows hosted and Nickel Creek has not.

The policy notes for each artist indicate their approval:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-b...0Family%20Hour
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-b...tion%20Society
Old 09-19-2005, 03:57 PM

i get what you are saying, but it is the same people, for the most part, but why wouldn't you want some of your stuff on there, and not the other. the only thing that i can think of is if you are going to put out a live cd, and you don't want people being able to get it for free. but people that care and use the archive know that the music they love isn't really free, you have to buy the music too, in order to keep it going.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
moderator! sreod live eraweb

Send a message via Yahoo to e-rock2
I just appreciate the fact that we can tape and trade the shows freely, because other bands don't even let you do that. There are plenty of people willing to trade via mail.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to GypsyQueen
Okay, I understand that through mail might stretch the policy a little, but when you live 300 miles from the show's venue and didn't have tickets, what can you do? To be perfectly honest, I'm merely delighted that people voluntarily give up their time to let those of us who enjoy Nickel Creek to hear a semi-live show. And, of course, I'm glad that Nickel Creek doesn't have a problem with it.

Blessed be.

4 November 2005: Only then did I begin to live, and truly see the world for what it is... beautiful.

Short people will rule the world -- Sara and Sean are already on the way!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:54 PM

yes, please explain this further. the way you have explained it so far, it sounds like they don't want any trading, if only on their terms, which is understandable, but I don't see the problem with trading on here, with us board members only. I don't want to take advantage of anything, and have this opportunity taken away from us, since we all know NC is a geat band, and cheer me up on my crabby days. yeah, now my husband wants to buy a mandolin, despite the 3 other guitars sitting around collecting dust. go figure. I'd appreciate more in depth info on this!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
moderator! sreod live eraweb

Send a message via Yahoo to e-rock2
Please do not post any no limit B&P posts per the trading policy or we will have to take down the listings. Please do limit your B&P's to no more than 2 people as that's basically what the rule boils down to. Thanks for respecting their rules.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: