Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to nicegy525
Bummed In Portland

Man I am so bummed Nickel Creek doesnt have any plans to stop by the northwest on their tour this year! I have seen them play in Seattle and Portland and I must say, Portland is by far the best venue to play in! The roseland is a very small theater with almost no seats. The main floor is standing room only and usually you can get right up against the stage (if you get there early enough) It takes a true fan to stand in one spot for over 3 hours but it is well worth it!!! The sound is incredible and the atmosphere is like being in a big Rowdy living room. Plus they usually come out and play on the street afterwards. I really hope they can plan a stop here if they do a fall tour! Any other fans near P-Town???? title=very
Old 03-23-2006, 03:44 PM

They're coming to Redmond, WA on August 11th...to play at the Marymoor Amphitheater. Pretty good venue. Outdoor. Big.
Music and writing are two of my favorite things. And when someone can blend the two to create the phenomenon that is known as a song, it defines genius. Music brings forth an undefinable feeling...an emotion, I suppose. It takes that which is unexplainable and explains it. It turns black and white to color. Something such as this should be attainable, in the sense that I should be able to grasp it, hold onto it, and study it further. Yet, it floats above our heads, teasing us with it's incomprehensible nature. So, when one takes music, blends it with well crafted words, which we in the literary world call lyrics, and plays...the sound and feeling emoted stirs in me an incredible sense of joy, inspiration, and fufillment. I have not yet been able to produce a song, and perhaps I never will be able to, but I'll keep trying. I've written down some words, with a tune in my head...however, if I plan to meld the two together and create anything similar to the writers and musicians that inspire me...I'm going to have to work a lot harder.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:34 AM

Don't worry about it. They come back to town. They love it here and usually hit us up around September.

www.elvenwoodmandolins.com/

25/16
|3+2+2|3+2+2|2+2+3+2+2|
Pretty simple eh?

P.L.U.R. Forever!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to nicegy525
hey mando,

Are you a street team member by chance? I have yet to find any others out here. it'd be nice to get a network going!
Old 03-25-2006, 06:42 AM

..... I hope to see them in Maine. I AM DYING to go to my first show. whenever they come here I miss it. This year i'll have to keep track to where they have been going too.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to UpInYourHeart
Quote:
Originally posted by Rainingatsunset
They're coming to Redmond, WA on August 11th...to play at the Marymoor Amphitheater. Pretty good venue. Outdoor. Big.
Hmm quite possibly pondering a trip out to Washington again in August...I mean Toad's playing on the 12th...shoooooot...I think I might have to!

Hi!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: