Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Where's the strangest (or not so strange) public place you've heard NC playing?

I was in the Crossroad's section of Stone Mountain Park here near Atlanta and heard House of Tom Bombadil playing over the loudspeakers they have playing throughout the 'town'. It's an 1870's southern town themed shopping area and I had to chuckle when I heard it.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:14 PM

walmart.......... lol
Old 05-09-2006, 02:26 PM

THE FOX SONG IS IN THE LASER SHOW AT STONE MOUNTAIN IN ATLANTA!!! Sorry I got excited that we posted about the same place, though I have to say mine is much more exciting. It's probably been a year or so since I've seen the laser show, but the last 2 times I've been, they play the Fox and show a little cartoon of it in lasers.

<><
Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to PrincessNic
oh wow! I have to see that laser show. I have friends in Snellville near the park and have always wanted them to take me but we have never had time. I will have to do that soon! That is so cool!

Thoughts of a Princess

My View on Life:

I thought it was gonna be like in the movies -- you know, inspirational music, a montage: me sharpening my pencil, me reading, writing, falling asleep on a big pile of books with my glasses all crooked, 'cause in my montage, I have glasses. But real life is slow, and it's starting to hurt my occipital lobe.--Buffy Summers
Old 05-09-2006, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to mandoplayer15
I have never heard them in public......not once in the 4 years i've been a fan.
I am the way, follow me and take my hand. I am the truth, embrace me and you'll understand. I am the life, and through me you'll live again. For I am Love. I am love. I am love ~ John 14:6 sung by Relient K
Old 05-10-2006, 10:42 AM

A couple of weeks ago I was flipping TV channels and heard a piece of one of Nickel Creek's instrumentals (from the first album, I think) in the background on a piece about Tiger Woods. I think it was on ABC. I can't remember which song it was.

Today I was listening to my DUHKS channel on pandora.com. They played a live (of course) version of Nickel Creek doing the Beatles' Taxman. I've also heard a live version of When in Rome on pandora.com.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to buttermuffin4
I heard When In Rome in Hastings. . They were playing the video on every tv in the joint. . Nice.

'He's not open-minded, he's just a moron.'
-Get Fuzzy
Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Jealous of the Moon and another track (I forget which) were played during a BBC documentary on bulimia. That was pretty weird - it was a pretty disturbing piece of programming too...

Old 05-10-2006, 01:29 PM
moderator! sreod live eraweb

Send a message via Yahoo to e-rock2
I had just come out of a restaurant in a strip mall here in town. There is also a Piggly Wiggly grocery store there and they were having a cook-out. The kids that were working the stand were listening to a radio that appeared to have a MP3 player. Well I almost got to my car and then This Side came on. Naturally I waited until the song was over and then left.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:34 PM

Mackinac Island. I was in probably the tackiest shop there, but pretended to browse for a good half hour because they were playing the entire This Side CD. I had quite forgotten to bring any music on the trip. title=Stick
Old 05-10-2006, 03:57 PM

i once heard Sake of the World by MAS in a steakhouse...i don't think my ribs have ever tasted better
Old 05-10-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PrincessNic
oh wow! I have to see that laser show. I have friends in Snellville near the park and have always wanted them to take me but we have never had time. I will have to do that soon! That is so cool!
I hope it's still in there. They change the show around every few years. And it's really not that exciting, but I screamed when I heard the Fox!
<><
Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to riversabine
I was apple-picking at Eckert'stitle=Smilie We came back to the general area and Reason's Why was playing over the speakers. And when I worked at Borders, This Side was frequently on rotation.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iamalighthouse
THE FOX SONG IS IN THE LASER SHOW AT STONE MOUNTAIN IN ATLANTA!!! Sorry I got excited that we posted about the same place, though I have to say mine is much more exciting. It's probably been a year or so since I've seen the laser show, but the last 2 times I've been, they play the Fox and show a little cartoon of it in lasers.

<><
I went to Stone Mountain last week and unfortunately they've taken The Fox out of the laser show! I was pretty upset -- that was my favorite part of the show.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:27 PM

^ Awww. That stinks. title=Frown
<><
Old 06-15-2006, 03:45 PM

Barnes and Noble
Old 06-15-2006, 11:36 PM

Haha, I was going to give a shout-out to Stone Mountain, but apparently that's already well-covered. I did hear a Chris instrumental from Not All Who Wander... while I was perusing the gift shops at Stone Mountain, plus The Fox during the laser show (although storywise they reversed the fortunes of the fox and the geese... for the children i guess lol).
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 AM

I heard both Ode To A Butterfly and When In Rome mixed into techno and played at a rave that I went to last weekend.

www.elvenwoodmandolins.com/

25/16
|3+2+2|3+2+2|2+2+3+2+2|
Pretty simple eh?

P.L.U.R. Forever!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mandofocus
I heard both Ode To A Butterfly and When In Rome mixed into techno and played at a rave that I went to last weekend.
Oh no. That's strange.
<><
Old 06-24-2006, 12:07 AM

Dont think i have heard them anywhere.
Sometimes i will see the video for 'this side' or 'the smoothie song.'

but the strangest place i have heard them play has to be.........in my head!! all day long!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:33 PM

Shopping for shoes at Ross in Redlands, CA...heard Tomorrow is a Long Time over the store speakers.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to wavesoflight Send a message via Yahoo to wavesoflight
I discovered who Nickel Creek was at the Great American Steak House in Pigeon Forge TN... while their video for A Lighthouse Tale was on... that was years ago.. I was like hmm, I really like this.. I'd always loved 3 part harmony.. and never watched CMT because I'm not too fond of popular country.. but that was definitely worth watching CMT to see them that day.. -whitney
Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sweet93
I haven't heard N.C. playing anywhere...yet. (But i live in a town where the local Borders has a TON of N.C. CDs & Chris Thile CDs that not many people buy, so that explains a lot)
Old 07-06-2006, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to baileylane06
haha, funny story . . .they were playing where I live at a bar one night and I wasnt old enough to attend. So, being the resourceful person I am . . .I walked around the side of the building downtown and into an alley. It just so happens that while sitting on those steps to the back entrance of the club, I experienced an amazing NC set. The sound was perfect, although I couldn't see anything I was pretty proud of myself for being such a true fan title=Smilie I tried to stick around after the show to see if they were gonna use that exit, but some stage crew member discovered me and I was asked to leave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: