Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to dirty_sandals Send a message via Yahoo to dirty_sandals
Why Dude #5?

When did Chris start using Dude #5 as his main axe? I know that he has another one...#14, is it? I was a little surprised to see the #5. I know that Lynn let Chris borrow #5 to record Nickel Creek's self-titled CD, but then he made a custom Dude (#14) just for him. It seems strange that Chris would not primarily use the one that Lynn custom built...can #5 sound that much better? Matt...any thoughts?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:02 PM

I saw him using it on the first Marshall/Thile tour which I think was in 2003. This thread talks about it a little. I remember him talking about it but I don't remember what he said. title=thinking I think he might have always favored the no. 5. Maybe someone else remembers more than I do though...
Old 11-13-2005, 08:04 PM

From what I remember he played #5 on loan for quite a long time while #14 was being built. Then #5 went back to Lynn (?) and was sold. Chris then decided he wanted #5 and had to buy it back. It's pretty clear that #5 is his favorite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: