Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions > tour schedule and concerts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2005, 07:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to obsessedwithNC
Talking Cleveland- 10.21.2005

Yeaaaaa baby who else is going? T-minus 28 days and counting.

House of Blues, huh? Has anyone been there yet? I for sure have not. I'm excited! (scared) It always seems like such a big place, big famous bands play there! Wow!

Just looking for other's thoughts and suggestions, like perhaps where an after-show meet and greet will be? Idk. lol
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackBrownDog
I am going with my friends and family (6 of us), and we're all pretty excited. When there is great music like NC, it makes it nice to have a longer commute to work...then I can get prepped for the show! title=Smilie
Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 PM

Omigosh, okay??

TOMORROWWW
Old 10-21-2005, 11:59 AM

Tomorrow? NO, TODAY!!! In a few, we're heading to Akron to grab my sister, and we're off...too bad one of my friends came down ill title=...we've got one too many tickets unless she finds one of her friends that wish to go...

I'm still pumped though!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:06 PM

I think somebody should record them doing britney's 'toxic' because I am dying to hear it again! Or take a picture of the ditty bop girl when she is dancing with the skeleton head, that would be cool too!

have fun at the show!

~abby
Of knowledge and peace
But all Iíve ever wanted
And what men have given their lives for
Is a God who understands my weaknesses
A God that I can love*

www.bethanydillon.com
Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to PrincessNic
yeah! I am putting in a vote for toxic. Please someone get it!

Thoughts of a Princess

My View on Life:

I thought it was gonna be like in the movies -- you know, inspirational music, a montage: me sharpening my pencil, me reading, writing, falling asleep on a big pile of books with my glasses all crooked, 'cause in my montage, I have glasses. But real life is slow, and it's starting to hurt my occipital lobe.--Buffy Summers
Old 10-21-2005, 11:16 PM

Cleveland Show tonight was AMAZING!!!!!!

This was the most amazing show I have seen period...any group, any band, any style!!! What musicianship!!! Please PLEASE record TOXIC as a single!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Fullerup7
So I knew the show was gonna be good, but I didn't expect to be as completely OBSESSED as I am now!!! AMAZING, marvelous, Chris- I want to have your babies...

oh, and ditto above about toxic. loved it.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 AM

Does anyone know what the riff was that started Smoothie Song? They went back to it in the middle for a short break as well.

"Toxic" was great - the audience loved it!

I was surprised at how much they did from the first album - 7 songs. 3 from "This Side", and 9 from WSTFD. Throw in "Toxic" and "Up On Cripple Creek", and that was pretty much the whole show. No Radiohead or Randy Newman, though.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:38 AM

Yep, the only thing better than Toxic was the dimple in Chris's tie. title=Wink LOL!

It's just great to see all the energy, that was a fantastic room to see a show. We were in the balcony, second row. What a great experience for my first opportunity to see NC live in person.

The 1920s style music of the Ditty Bops was refreshing.

With NC, the "jam" solos were no disappointment. I can't believe that Chris is "caffiene-free," being all over the stage like that.

The only disappointment, the sound from the other concert hall at the HOB had an AC/DC tribute band, and during several quiter parts of songs at the end of the concert, particularly the encore, you could hear the sound travelling in...
they made light of it, making a comment to the effect that they were glad that the band hired to accompany them had shown up.

Too bad that there was a cold October Ohio rain afterwards, there was very little signing outside after the show. title=Frown
Old 10-22-2005, 09:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to PrincessNic
Quote:
Originally posted by Fullerup7
So I knew the show was gonna be good, but I didn't expect to be as completely OBSESSED as I am now!!!
Yeah, you don't know. I always tell people who don't like them like I do that they just have to see the show. You just don't know until you see them live. You don't expect to love them as much as you do, but then you just can't stop thinking about the show.

I am glad others feel the way I do about this...

Thoughts of a Princess

My View on Life:

I thought it was gonna be like in the movies -- you know, inspirational music, a montage: me sharpening my pencil, me reading, writing, falling asleep on a big pile of books with my glasses all crooked, 'cause in my montage, I have glasses. But real life is slow, and it's starting to hurt my occipital lobe.--Buffy Summers
Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Too bad that there was a cold October Ohio rain afterwards, there was very little signing outside after the show. title=Frown
Chris Thile + Hugs = loads of fun.

Thanks to the direction of a security guard, my friends and I raced down the alley to the back, splashing in puddles all the way. When we got back there, they were just starting to wrap things up. We went to say hi to Chris first, and he just looked at us and gave us all hugs. It was so cute. I gave Sean a hug too, though I don't think he was expecting it, and he just laughed. I'm just a very huggy person, what can I say? You're right, though, I didn't get anything signed...there just wasn't enough time. But I'll take a hug any day title=Wink

The show was frigging awesome. I had such a blast. And yeah, I was surprised at how many of the earlier songs they played...I was hoping for at least "Eveline" and "Helena." But they did "Best of Luck," so I guess I can't complain title=Wink
Old 10-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Yup, Thile hugs are the best. Wish I could put some huggage in a bottle and crack it out when I'm feeling down.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Thistle
Yup, Thile hugs are the best. Wish I could put some huggage in a bottle and crack it out when I'm feeling down.
My thought exactly. title=Wink

Amazing. I'm speechless.

I did love "Toxic" but definitely my favorites were WYCBD and Jealous of the Moon. I had been waiting all my LIFE to hear WYCBD in concert. Ohhhhhh. Simply amazing!

I wish they woulda played First & Last Waltz; I love that song.

idk what else to say!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Quote:
*laughs* I know! I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally posted by obsessedwithNC
I had been waiting all my LIFE to hear WYCBD in concert. Ohhhhhh. Simply amazing!

That was beautiful title=Smilie
Old 10-22-2005, 12:25 PM

I'm not understading the whole 'dimple' in Chris' tie thing - anyone care to enlighten me?

Old 10-22-2005, 12:53 PM

I'm sure that someone will post some "good" pictures from last night eventually, but for now here are a couple that I took with my cell phone. If you look closely, you can even see the dimple in Chris's tie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trio.jpg (117.7 KB, 759 views)
Old 10-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Of course, they make photo-ops much easier when they all gather 'round one mic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wstfd.jpg (18.0 KB, 728 views)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:18 PM

Hah Jimmie, I think we were standing right behind you...only a little to the left. Thanks for posting those! My camera ran out of batteries. I should have checked it before I left, but I just forgot to. *is stupid*

And Thistle, he was talking about that little crease you get in a tie, right where it comes out of the knot. Apparently it's hard to get that crease dead center, and he was very proud of making it look good :P
Old 10-22-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemondrop514
Hah Jimmie, I think we were standing right behind you...only a little to the left.
Well, I was easy enough to spot. I was by far the oldest person in that part of the crowd <g>.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Wow Jimmie - your phone is freaking awesome at taking pictures. Wish mine was so good! Can't get over how sharp they are.

Hehe, great story about the dimple. That boy is such a perfectionist, it's hilarious! Heck, the fact that he performs in a suit and tie still makes me grin when I think about it title=Smilie He has awesome shirts!

Old 10-22-2005, 02:41 PM

It <i>was</i> quite a young crowd, wasn't it? They seem to be getting younger as time goes on...which is interesting. I was used to being one of the younger ones in the crowd, but there were some even younger than me there.

I just have to say that your phone was sweet, because I did indeed see you taking pictures. That's a pretty massive screen on that thing.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I just have to say that your phone was sweet, because I did indeed see you taking pictures. That's a pretty massive screen on that thing.
Yeah, but that's another drawback to being one of the older fans - I didn't have my glasses with me, so I had no idea what kind of shots I was getting until I got them home.

Quote:
Wow Jimmie - your phone is freaking awesome at taking pictures.
Hey, a little credit to the photographer! <g> Still, I can do a whole lot better when I have a real camera.

Actually, the club was very restrictive last night about photographs. One of the bouncers came over to one of the people I was with and told her that she wasn't allowed to take pictures unless she had a permit from the club. I thought I might try to get around that, so I showed him my press pass - he said that didn't matter, it had to be arranged ahead of time and approved by the band. Obviously, no one worried about it much - I saw lots of people taking pictures. And, of course, keep in mind that this is just a typical policy that clubs like this one - in actuality, it has nothing to do with the band.

One good thing, though - even though lots of people were taking pictures, I didn't see a single flash go off.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:35 PM

Sorry Jimmie - obviously no matter how good the tools are, they are only as good as the craftsman title=Smilie

Old 10-22-2005, 06:06 PM

Quote:
It <i>was</i> quite a young crowd, wasn't it? They seem to be getting younger as time goes on...which is interesting. I was used to being one of the younger ones in the crowd, but there were some even younger than me there.
Omigod, I had completely opposite thoughts. Considering I'm only 16, that was one of the oldest crowds I had ever seen at a NC show! My dad noted there seemed to be an average age of late 20s/ early 30s.

Where were all my fellow teeny-bopper fangirls? I only saw a few.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Talking Cleveland 10/21/2005

Anyone have a setlist from last night. I knew a bunch of the songs but was looking for an accurate source. Fun show for sure. Loved that Cripple Creek!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 PM

I guess they were all up front with me. I seemed to be surrounded by them. Of course, my own daughter was among them. Then again, many of them did seem to be accompanied by parents, so that would have raised the average age.

'Course even the parents were mostly younger than me! <G>
Old 10-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Re: Cleveland 10/21/2005

Quote:
Originally posted by zman
Anyone have a setlist from last night.
I saw a few folks trying to get a printed copy at the end of the show, but the bouncers and stage crew were having none of it. I could tell you every song, but not necessarily in order.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:39 PM

Question Okay, tapers??

I'm looking for them. Plain and simple, haha.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Omigod, I had completely opposite thoughts. Considering I'm only 16, that was one of the oldest crowds I had ever seen at a NC show! My dad noted there seemed to be an average age of late 20s/ early 30s.
Where were all my fellow teeny-bopper fangirls? I only saw a few.
Were you one of the Pittsburgh girls, by chance? If you were, I was the fellow Pittsburghian standing behind you...and I commented on the "She Can't Complain" sign you made title=Wink If not then....well, you weren't :P I'm not that far out of teeny-bopper age myself: I'm just embarking on my second decade (aka 20) so you weren't quite alone title=Wink
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmie
I saw a few folks trying to get a printed copy at the end of the show, but the bouncers and stage crew were having none of it. I could tell you every song, but not necessarily in order.
Yeah, my friend was one of them, and security was all "You have to ask the band." No fun.

Oh, and about the pictures, I think I saw one flash go off, but it was only one, and it was brief. So yeah, that was good title=Smilie
Old 10-23-2005, 06:40 AM

Nope, not a Pittsburgh gal. But OHHHHH: That's where Chris' Pittsburgh comments came from!! lol I was like thinking wtf that was random of him

My daddy has back troubles so we were standing all the way to the left, leaning on the staircase. I couldn't see anything at all! Sara and I made some of those intimate during the concert "eye connections" as I commonly refer to them as, haha
Old 10-23-2005, 09:05 AM

Heh yeah, the girls in front of us made a little sign that said "Pittsburgh <3s Nickel Creek" and they held it up after When in Rome, I believe. I just happened to be from Pgh too, so it was fun to get a shout out :-P

Gotta love the "eye connections."
Old 10-23-2005, 09:26 AM

'Eye connections' are the best bit of a gig...right behind those Thile hugs title=Big Makes you feel almost a part of the performance and makes it even more fun to chat to them afterwards since they kind of recognise you...can also be a bit perturbing though.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 AM

I recorded this show in Cleveland AKG 414's>V3>JB3. looking for the setlist. I'll put it up for DL on BT.etree.org once I get the setlist compiled.

great show, sounds awesome!

thanx for the space, jess
Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 AM

Oh my gosh, jessedscott, I love you right now! I'm so glad someone recorded that show...it's so fun to have the ones you went to title=Smilie
Old 10-23-2005, 02:09 PM

yay! i'm excited!! i'm sooooooooo excited to hear toxic!!
Of knowledge and peace
But all Iíve ever wanted
A God that I can love*

www.bethanydillon.com
Old 10-23-2005, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jessedscott
I recorded this show in Cleveland AKG 414's>V3>JB3. looking for the setlist. I'll put it up for DL on BT.etree.org once I get the setlist compiled.
I'm so happy! Would it be possible to do a B&P with me instead? I heard NC's not too fond of the online trading/downloading thing and I want to respect them.

I spoke with a different taper before the show, but upon sending emails I learned he had a "massive equipment failure" and did not get to tape Nickel Creek's set.

Thanks much though.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:14 PM
third member

I was excited to hear 'Somebody More Like You.'

I, myself, did not go to the show, but I did get a nifty concert call courtesy of the lovely Miss Allison. title=Wink
Old 10-23-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:

I'm so happy! Would it be possible to do a B&P with me instead? I heard NC's not too fond of the online trading/downloading thing and I want to respect them.
Yeah, if you're doing B&Ps I'll be happy to do it that way. I've never done a B&P before, but it's not that hard. I'll get initiated title=Wink
Old 10-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Could I ask what a B&P is? I am not familiar with that. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Cleveland 10/21/2005

Hey Jesse,

My tape sounds great. I already put it on my hard drive. No one has the set list as of yet. I requested it yesterday. If you get it, forward it please. Missed you last night in Akron. Stay in touch.

Late,
Z-Man
Old 10-23-2005, 07:34 PM

Hey Teecee60,

B & P is Blanks and Postage.

Late,
Z-Man
Old 10-23-2005, 07:51 PM

And here's instructions:

http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/
Old 10-23-2005, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OkieLovinNC
I was excited to hear 'Somebody More Like You.'

I, myself, did not go to the show, but I did get a nifty concert call courtesy of the lovely Miss Allison. title=Wink
You're welcome. &hearts;

Lemondrop- our B&P is on. I'm ready. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM

Oh wait, obsessedwithNC, I don't have it yet...I thought we ment Jessedscott! *blushes* Sorry if I was unclear. I was agreeing with you title=Smilie Perhaps when I get it I'll be able to let you know, and then I can send it right along.

I think it would be fun to do a B&P...I love snail mail, I don't get or send enough of it.

So yeah, B&P is on hold until someone actually gets a hold of the show...*looks to jessedscott for guidance*
Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Lolly691
stupid stage crew men.... they suck bad title=Frown
Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to CANspeakCHINESE
Quote:

Were you one of the Pittsburgh girls, by chance? If you were, I was the fellow Pittsburghian standing behind you...and I commented on the "She Can't Complain" sign you made
Haha...that would be my friends and I. We noticed that one of your friends had a Shaler crew shirt on! I felt kind of bad about the signs because I didn't want to block anyone's view. But it was pretty fun to get a comment on it.

Quote:
Originally posted by ObsessedwithNC

I had been waiting all my LIFE to hear WYCBD in concert.
Same here!! Before the concert I mentioned that i had always wanted to hear Reasons Why and WYCBD and then they were played right in a row...it was incredible!

Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.
-Arthur Weasley
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lolly691
stupid stage crew men.... they suck bad title=Frown
That just reminds me.

Those people in the little hole above the stage? Who else saw them? I have a theory that it was Chris' little brother haha..
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Muppet Send a message via Yahoo to Muppet
The Ditty Bops _do_ allow online trading. In fact they have shows up at archive.org if this hasn't been mentioned yet. I was very impressed with them.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lolly691
Quote:
Originally posted by CANspeakCHINESE

Haha...that would be my friends and I. We noticed that one of your friends had a Shaler crew shirt on!
That would be my bf... I was the one acting bizarrely in the pink shirt/ jean jacket (if you happened to notice or something).... My sister rows for shaler, and since we were selling the Tshirts, I just snatched one for him. He seems to wear it everytime i see him... title=Confused

hahaha

Chris's little brother hiding backstage? I dunno man... His breath was too beer stinky to merit having a little bro running around....

I should just come public with this:

Julie, are you also concerned about random shout outs making the tape? I'm starting to retract my claim that those two drinks weren't worth it. lol and I'm also starting to retract my claim that I"m gaining back my sanity
Old 10-24-2005, 06:25 PM

I will gladly do a 5 person B&P, you send blanks and return postage.

jessedscott@yahoo.com

thanx...jess
Old 10-24-2005, 06:26 PM

BTW, I wasn't really aware that NC didn't allow BT or archive ploads. sorry
Old 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM

awesome! i sent you an email earlier! title=Smilie

-abby
Of knowledge and peace
But all Iíve ever wanted
A God that I can love*

www.bethanydillon.com
Old 10-24-2005, 09:36 PM

I sent you an email as well
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lolly691
I should just come public with this:

Julie, are you also concerned about random shout outs making the tape? I'm starting to retract my claim that those two drinks weren't worth it. lol and I'm also starting to retract my claim that I"m gaining back my sanity
Yes hun, yes I am.

"MANDO LIKES IT!" bwahahaha

Email coming your way, Jesse!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jae
(I've been lurking here for quite a while, but I think this is my first real post.)

The House of Blues was an awesome venue. I've been to the restaurant (which was great), but Friday was the first time I attended a concert. I wound up loving the Ditty Bops. I wasn't looking forward to them because this was the first NC concert I've been to where they had an opening act. They're a lot of fun!

I really, really enjoyed Up on Cripple Creek and The Lighthouse's Tale. I've seen the latter so many times, but this was by far one of the best.

P.S. I sent an e-mail your way, too, Jesse.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:21 PM

you have mail.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:55 PM

B&P is closed. enjoy...
Old 10-25-2005, 08:44 PM

Aww, no fair. I missed it. Who wants to B&P me? title=Frown
Old 10-26-2005, 07:27 AM

Someone sent me a PM asking for a setlist for the Cleveland show. I don't have one, but no one else has posted one either, so I can at least report the songs that they played. These are definitely not in the exact order:

When In Rome
Somebody More Like You
Ode To A Butterfly
Lighthouse Tale
Best Of Luck
This Side
Green and Grey
Jealous Of The Moon
Out Of The Woods
Stumptown
Reasons Why
When You Come Back Down