Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Chatterbox
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2005, 01:31 PM

new Glen Phillips cd!

Just last night, I got bored and decided to check up on the Glen Phillips website. I didn't know he had a new cd out. Has anyone bought it or heard it all yet? The website said it had an 80s sound or something, and what I heard of the samples sounded great and much different from Glen's Abulum cd, much...happier I guess.

Anyone know any more about it? Should I buy it?

Winter pays for summer.--Glen Phillips

To be great is to be misunderstood--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 08-20-2005, 02:57 PM

What is the name of it? I think he had one out a few months ago for all I know it could be the same one. I think the other one was Winter Pays For Summer? I am not sure, must go check out his website.

title=Smilie Fiddlin For The Creekers title=Smilie
!I share a birthday with Sean!
~February 18th~
title=Smilie If you are going to play, play with the Creek in mind title=Smilie
Old 08-20-2005, 11:23 PM

title=Smilie, yeah, I'm talking about Winter Pays for Summer, and I already found it at Wal-Mart and decided to go ahead and buy it b/c there was only one copy. And, I was eager to hear it anyway.

I still haven't listened to it all yet, though, and would still appreciate reading anyone else's opinions on it. I'll share mine when I hear it all. So far, I really like it, but I'll tell more when I hear it all.

Btw, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jon Foreman (of Switchfoot) is on it, but you can barely tell. He just provides some background vocals on one song.

Old 08-23-2005, 01:52 AM

ok. so I've listened to it now, and I like it. I didn't like it so much at first; it was ok but just not great. But, it's one of those that as I listen to it more, it's growing on me. I like the retro sound; it makes it seem like it's an old favorite. I especially like the lyrics of the first song, duck and cover, and of true and don't need anything.

I can't remember what song it's on, but one has steel guitar, and I like like that.

I like that this album is so personal and shows that he's a mature adult now, who is still learning things.

*Sorry if this is a double post. Does it count as a double post if it's been a day or so since you posted the last one?* title=Confused title=[computerhide]

Old 08-23-2005, 12:31 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not a double post. Especially when you can't edit your old one that long after you first posted it.

I really do need to keep closer tabs on Glen, I had no idea he came out with a new album, cool!

Marriage - The union of two souls
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 PM

Thanks for replying Meghan. I was starting to feel so alone in this little thread. Thanks fiddlincklcrker for your reply too.

I thought there used to be a lot of Glen Phillips fans here. I wonder where they all went. title=Confused

Old 08-23-2005, 10:20 PM

We're here, trust me. title=Smilie

I'm a big fan of the new CD as well, though nothing will ever compare to seeing just Glen and his guitar at an itty-bitty venue. It's fantastic. My brother and I just saw him play on the 12th, but he was the opening act and didn't get to play long.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:36 PM

Well, I'd really like to see him live sometime; never have yet though.

So, what's the deal? If you're all here, why have ppl not responded? Do most folks not like the new cd? Or, do ppl just not like me? (I'm being sensitive, prolly too much. I know. Sorry.)

Old 08-23-2005, 10:51 PM

I'd be willing to bet that neither one of those is the case. Personally, I greatly enjoy reading all of the threads but don't like posting all the time.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 AM

ok. I see. I feel better now.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
third member

Quote:
Originally posted by creekster_anna
I thought there used to be a lot of Glen Phillips fans here. I wonder where they all went. title=Confused
Here. title=Smilie

I like Winter Pays for Summer along with Abulum, but I seem to like Glen's work with Toad more than his solo efforts. Not saying I dislike them or anything; I adore Glen. I just happen to have a fonder liking toward Toad.

You did, though, get me excited when I saw the title of the thread. I thought you might have been talking about an even newer record thatn WPFS. title=Stick
Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 PM

lol. Sorry, I'm behind on things a lot. I didn't realize when I posted that it had been out for a while.

I see what you're saying about liking him better in Toad. I just like him solo though b/c that's what's more familiar to me b/c I just found out about him through NC a while back and had sort of missed the whole Toad era. *shrugs*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: