Nickelcreek.info  

Go Back   Nickelcreek.info > The Main Powwow > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2008, 03:31 AM

Talking Not to Break Your Heart...to Give You Hope

Chris Thile did a solo show in LA at Largo on the 4th (June '08), which was just about the lone iteration of the NC band mates and friends we'd yet to see live. Hopefully it isn't a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but if it is/was it was such a privilege. I'd been anticipating the Bach since I saw a cell phone video of him playing the Gigue from the D Minor Partida on You Tube. I think the audience may have stopped breathing for the duration of the Bach pieces. Insane, brilliant. Blah, blah, blah - we all know his mandolin powers are practically supernatural.

At the end of his encore he told a little story of a picture of Sara, Sean, Gabe Witcher, and himself atop a rock at Follows Camp when they were all between the ages of 7 and 11. Then he said, Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the Follows Camp All-Stars...Sean and Sara Watkins and Gabe Witcher. They all came out on stage along with surprise guest Jon Brion and played a little set, after which they again returned to stage for an encore. I won't attempt to describe the magic of their reunion or our delight at being witness to said reunion.

I say this not to re-break your heart if you missed it...(believe it or not, this show was not sold out - travesty) but to offer hope. You may yet see them on stage together again. title=Wink
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM

And then Chris played the next night at Watkins Family Hour.

And then the night after that (Friday), Chris played with Jon Brion and then they were later joined by Sean and Sara.

So Chris, Sara, Sean, and Jon Brion played together 3 nights in a row.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Smile

That must've been so much fun. It's nice that they're still in touch and can still play together. Itís nice to know Nickel Creek hasnít disappeared completely.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:48 PM
moderator! sreod live eraweb

Send a message via Yahoo to e-rock2
That's totally cool. But I'm just guessing that these gatherings will just take place out on the West coast when they are all in town.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM

So I have been lucky enough to be able to go down to Largo at the Coronet two times. The first time I went I saw glen phillips with sean and sara on the main stage and it was amazing. The 2nd time, it was in the little room which was only sean and sara, but Fiona apple happen to be in town as well as benmont who happened to play in Hollywood the night before with tom petty so benmont was able to stop by. If anyone has a chance, swing by on a Thursday because both these shows were amazing and in a very nice intimate setting. Hope to see some of you down there soon :-D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: